Thursday, June 25, 2009

Been awhile

I know it has been awhile since I last posted. Seems that summer has gotten into full swing in the GIll household with very little free time for mommy to get on the computer. I guess it is not free time we are missing it is uninterrupted mommy time I am lacking. Right now I had a moment because Chad is working late, AGAIN and I am single mommin' it so I am letting the kiddos have dinner in front of a movie.....
Sadly, I started this post on Thursday and now it is Monday morning and I am just getting around to finishing it. So sorry! Anyway, we survived the single mom night with a quick easy dinner and a fun trip to Barnes and Noble for all to purchase a new book to read.
Now it is Monday morning and things are quiet for the time being. The older two are at summer school for the morning and the younger two are still asleep for probably only a few seconds longer, in fact I think I hear footsteps......
Anyway, we started our Daddy Days of Summer yesterday. We needed to stay put in the Richmond area with a potty training three year old and Chad was feeling under the weather. SO, we hit got donuts and went to the park. Then went for lunch and then to Putt Putt. There we golfed, rode go-karts, and bumper boats. FYI, you get very wet on the bumper boats, especially if you have to ride with the three year old who controls the squirter the entire time. So we all piled in the car soaked and happy and came home for yummy hamburgers on the grill and Cold Stone for dessert. We had the kids bathed and in bed at a very reasonable time and then called it a day. For the first Daddy Day, it went well but I am looking forward to bigger adventures and plans from my husband as the summer progresses. I guess he just needed to get his feet wet...hehehehehe...........

No comments: