Friday, December 14, 2007

Holiday Traditions

Okay Ladies....
I have been reading several other blogs and they have been talking about their different holiday traditions SSSSSOOOOOO, I thought I would share some of mine; in hopes you might share yours with me as well.
Growing up my husband and I had several traditions that we have tried to continue, some of which have not worked out quite so well, some of which have been continued wonderfully, and some of which we can try in the future when the kiddos get a little older.
My Favorites:
making and/or decorating a gingerbread house (getting better each year with the age of the kids)
an advent calendar
opening one present Christmas Eve (and it ALWAYS being new pjs)
tacky house light tour
getting to stay up a little late for special Christmas movies any night of the week (not just weekends)
playing holiday music continuously in car and at home
Christmas Eve brunch with my sister's family (my 3 favorite nieces)
Christmas Eve church service (looking forward to being old enough for the Candlelight one)
Each child gets 3 gifts (just like Baby Jesus) and 1 from Santa
breakfast with Santa in Williamsburg w/ Nana and Granddaddy
attempting to take the ultimate Family Christmas Picture of all seven grandchildren
attending the Nutcracker with just the girls in the family
This are some... NOW, I want to hear from you.  What are some of the things you do with your family during the Holidays?

No comments: