Friday, February 1, 2008

Laundry Day

Well, today is Friday and that means laundry day in the Gill House.
52 pairs of socks
48 tops
48  bottoms
41 pairs of underwear
2 sets of ballet attire
1 karate uniform
And, all of these numbers are under the assumption no one changes clothes during the day...(which is not likely to happen in a home of 2 girls and 1 toddler) and Chad and I don't go the the gym more than 3 days a week.
So, I am deciding to revamp, readdress, reorganize, and reconfigure they way I do laundry each week, in hopes to make it a little less overwhelming.  What I used to do is, all the loads on Friday, sort on Saturday, put away on Sunday.  BUT< what always seems to happen is the sorting and putting away gets put off for so long that I am doing it all week and then am right back to where I started on Friday.  
My NEW tactic, still do all the wash on Friday but as I pull it out of the dryer, sort it right then and take it to the appropriate room.  Then, if the kids don't get it put away, who cares....at least it is in there room and out of my hair. AND< my pile in my room should not appear as daunting as well.  Wish me luck and I will let you know how it turns out.

3 comments:

kitty said...

holy crap. you're single handedly keeping textile companies in business!
i like you're new plan. i'm all about dumping responsibility on kids. it also means if they can't find something they want to wear (or a uniform or tu tu) it's their responsibility because you know you did your part by washing it and sending it off to the right place. good job mom!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I do a load a day out here--my laundry room isn't big enough to hold a week's worth of laundry... and I don't want to let the diapers linger too long. The little ones like to 'help' with the laundry which is why the drawers in the bottom of the dresser look like a bomb went off in them. Now if I could only stop Lily from throwing underthings down the stairs...

Leonne

Tracy Rambles On And On said...

I have to do atleast one load of laundry a day or by the end of the week we'd all be walking around naked.
Let me know how this goes. I may decide to change my tactic as well!