Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July



This year we decided to participate in the Brandermill 4th of July parade by building a float with two sets of neighbors. We planned and talked and shopped and came up with a great idea for a float. We spent Friday afternoon and evening decorating and hanging out with our friends and then bright and early saturday morning we took off on our homemade float to drive down Brandermill parkway tossing candy to the onlookers. We had a such a fantastic time and in fact won an award for Best Neighborhood Float. Unfortunately, because I was on the float, I was not able to get a picture of it. I told my friends that I was now worried about next year, because we certainly set the bar very high.
After the parade we came back and had a neighborhood potluck picnic and headed out for some fabulous fireworks. All in all, it was a wonderful holiday and it made me appreciate where we live and how amazing our neighborhood and community is.
Our Fourth was certainly filled with good friends, food , and fellowship.........I could not ask for anything more!

No comments: