Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School



Today was the first day of school for my oldest three. Bear is in third grade, Logan is in second grade, and Coop is starting kindergarten. All three were bathed and in bed early last night and up dressed and ready to go with lots of time to spare this morning. Park and I got everyone to the bus stop on time and waved goodbye as they climbed on and headed of to another year of learning and friends and recess and school lunches. After the bus was gone, I looked down at my Parker and things seemed really weird. For the first time in motherhood, I had only one child for an entire day. What are we going to do to fill the hours until everyone returns? I don't know about the rest of the year, but today we certainly found ways to fill it. Park loved being an only child and i felt so free to do whatever I wanted. I could not have imagined how cheap McDonalds is for lunch with only ONE CHILD. $2 dollars and he was fed and happy! I miss my babies BUT I still have one with me and we are going to have a great year!

No comments: