Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mommy jeans part 2

One of my good friends made a comment the other day about my mommy jean conundrum and I thought I needed to share. It upset me a little but I had to disagree with her. She said now that we were mommies, we would never again be cool and I should buy only for comfort, not for style. WELL, I beg to differ. I think we can have the best of both worlds ( now how many of you burst into Hannah Montana after reading that, because I certainly did:):):)) I think just because we are mothers, does NOT mean we can not be stylish as well. I strive to wear the typical Mommy Uniform with style and flare. Turtlenecks and tee shirts YES but form fitting ones, khakis YES but low rise or boot cut at that, tennis shoes yes but cute fun ones, so jeans YES but Mommy jeans NO WAY! Therefore, I continued my search to find the perfect pair and I went to the denim Mecca of Kohls. They had at least 3 BAZILLION styles, colors, and fits. I tried a ton on and think I found my match! Dark blue, boot cut, mid/low rise AND a NO GAP WAISTBAND!!!! What could be any better? I am going to wear them soon so I will keep all posted on whether I did indeed hit the jackpot. Look for updates soon! I am SURE all of you will be waiting with baited breath...................

2 comments:

Starbucks Mom said...

Ginny I find the difficulty of wearing jeans that cover the "cat belly" from having kids or ride directly below the cat belly, so they fall down. And I agree, that we should still be fashionable AND comfortable. HEy when are you guys going to Disney again? Rick wants to try to set time aside from Southwest

Mama C. said...

I meant the cool thing jokingly--I'm all for trying to be fashionable and comfortable. I didn't think that would upset you. That's the trouble with electronic communication--sarcasm isn't always clear in the written word. But about the cool thing, I was referring to how somewhere in our twenties we all leave the cool zone--surely you must have a memory of a time when your parents thought they were being cool, but you thought they were being dorks? That's what I was talking about--even if we think we look cool, our kids won't think so--and we all know that kids are the arbiters of coolness. (Please read sarcastic joking tones here.)
Then again, I've always been on this side of dorky, so what do I know? I've never been cool!