Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wildlife

So I am sitting calmly talking to my neighbor and Cooper comes down. She is quietly trying to get my attention and I am casually dismissing her until she finally says in a pretty tiny voice, "there is a bird in my room?" I look at her and say , "A what?" "A bird, a Bird" Huh, so I excuse myself from my neighbor and scoot upstairs to try and see what she is talking about and sure enough there is a bird flying around her room. So I calmly close her door and begin to chase the bird around the room with Barrett's laundry basket trying to catch it. I then trap it and call for Cooper to bring me a cookie sheet and as she opens the door, the bird escapes. I then get it trapped in the tiny bathroom and have to take a breath. I close myself into the bathroom and try and figure out what to do. I call Chad and he says to open the screen to let him fly out. So here I am trying to force open the screen and this birds darts back and forth at my HEAD, diving and fluttering this way and that, dive bombing me every few seconds. I cannot get the screen open so I end up trapping the bird in a trash can between the screen. I have to then call to Cooper who really has to think for a minute before coming in the bathroom to bring me something to slide between the screen and the trash can. We get a cookie sheet, slide it in between and then carry the bird and all of its glory outside to fly away free. Huh, it sure did seem much bigger in the bathroom......

1 comment:

Starbucks Mom said...

So can I call you Ginny the Jungle Girl?