Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Being the Mommy

So there are definatley times when it is good to be the mommy and times when it is good to be the daddy. Good to be the mommy when the snuggles, kisses, smiles, and laughter are abundant. Good to be the daddy arriving home to four children running out to great you and dinner is ready and all you have to do is sit and play with the kids. Last night I was noticing how good it was to be the daddy when Parker woke up yet again in the middle of the night crying. He was even crying for Chad but I was the one who went in to check on him. As I walked in, grumpy because it was the middle of the night and I was really REALLY asleep and had to get up in a few hours and I left the warm bed with my husband snoring beside me, Parker looked up at me and said , "Wock mama...wock" MY little boy wanted some snuggle time and can you blame him? All day he shares me with his brother and sisters and we go go go.....when does he get that down mommy and park time? Bummer it has to be in the middle of the night but as I scooped up my little monkey and rocked him, I realized it really WAS good to be the mommy sometimes! I can sleep later, he won't want to rock much longer..........

No comments: