Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Setting Good example

In this day and age of over eating and super sizing everything, I think it is more important than ever to set good examples for our children. I started it last year by signing up for a half-marathon and this summer decided to try my first triathlon. Well, on Sunday, the hottest day of the year, I completed my first ever tri. My parents, my super amazing husband and all four kiddos were there, braved the heat and cheered me across the finish line. Oddly enough, the minute I was done, I was more concerned about keeping the kiddos cool and hydrated than myself. I guess I never will completely step out of the mommy role. Anyway, the comment I loved more than anything on Sunday was Parker looking up at me after just crossing the finish line and asking me, "When I am bigger can I run with you Mommy?" I don't think I could set a better example for them......what do you think????

2 comments:

Starbucks Mom said...

absoltootly right Ginny girl! We are so proud of you, I could NEVER have done that! And I mean that seriously.

Anonymous said...

You rock Super Mom! You are also an example for all the Moms out there to get up and get athletic, even at our age! Buy yourself some sassy sport socks as a reward.

Holly