Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11th

For those of you who know me, I try and live in my own little bubble. It makes me very happy. I do not watch the news, read the newspaper, or listen to the radio. It makes each day a wonderful day. A day not filled with the tragedies of the world around us. Whatever bad is happenng out there, it is not going to change what I make for dinner or what time I pick Cooper up from preschool or what time the bus arrives and when karate starts. It simply makes me sad, while still having to do everything else at the same time.
However, on today September 11th, 2007 I feel the need to take a step back and think about our world. IF you listen to the news and radio or read the paper on a regular basis, one might tend to think the world is a terrible place. One might be scared to raise a family during such a scary time in our country's history. BUT, there is so much good out there. Think about the GOOD things that don't make it in the news. Not the numbers who died on Sept. 11th, 2001, but the numbers of those saved. The familes and people who became closer becasue of the tragady, not the ones torn apart. My charge to you out there is to try and focus and find 5 wonderful things out there that might not make it in the news today but certainly make this world a better place to live in. Mine may not effect the whole world but certainly my life within my bubble and that is what matters most to me.
Here are my five:
1. Little children playing imaginary games, talking and laughing to themselves
2. FInding the love of you life and being able to spend the rest of your life with him or her
3. Teachers who take so much time out of their own lives to care for and teach our children 40+ hours a week
4. Having the health and the physical ability to walk to school on a beautiful fall morning and observe the world around us as we go
5. Loving, caring, friends and family that are such an intergral part of my life and make each day brighter

No comments: