Wednesday, March 12, 2008

LIVE LAUGH LISTEN LOVE LEARN

Okay...I try and read a few blogs each day and one of them I visit frequently is: http://www.largerfamilies.com/drupal/. It posed a question about what one value or moral or quality would you want to instill in your children if you could choose only one. Oddly enough, this came very easy to me because I have been doing a lot of thinking about this concept lately. In my Sunday school class a few months ago we had to write Family MIssion Statements and ours was as follows:
LIVE LAUGH LISTEN LOVE LEARN
My husband and I felt these were the most important qualities we wanted our children to have and grow up with. Okay, it is kind of cheating because the question said ONE and I gave you FIVE but STILL, choosing only five is pretty good.
BUT, if you made me choose one out of the five it would be LAUGH. I want my children to enjoy life and laugh through it. Even when times can get really hard, a good smile and happy thought or laughter can help make things a little brighter. It is certainly not a cure all but sometimes NOTHING is so why not do as Peter Pan says and THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS... and Off to Neverland you will fly. Also, it absolutely helps make the world a brighter place for all those in it. I want my children to bring happiness and joy to others and to themselves as much as they bring joy to me. Heck when it comes down to it, being a mom of large family, we ALL have to learn how to laugh!

No comments: