Thursday, September 4, 2008

BYE MA!!!!!

It is one thing to raise children in this world today but it is another thing to attempt to raise children who are confident, self assured, and independent. I saw a small glimpse today how how I am doing and I have to say I am pleased with the outcome so far. My littlest one, aka WILD MAN went to preschool today for the first time. I parked and got out of the car with intentions of walking my youngest into his classroom for the very first time. Instead, armed with his Batman backpack ( a hand me down from Bear because I was too cheap to buy him a new one) backpack he grabbed his sister's hand, tossed me a wave, and shouted," BYE MA!" and off he went. No turning around, tears, or looking back. I was left standing all alone watching through the door as he embarked on his new adventure. I have to say, it made me very proud of our little guy. It took a lot of courage and confidence to go into that new place by himself. I guess Chad and I are doing a good job after all..........

No comments: