Monday, October 15, 2007

Another loan

Well we now need another loan on the house... we went to Saxon Shoes yesterday. Seven pairs of shoes and a car payment later we have seven new pairs of shoes ( sadly, mommy did not get any....) I guess I should have prefaced things by saying I am a shoe snob. Not a shoe snob in the way that we have tons of pairs of shoes or that my kiddos have lots of shoes. No, in fact no one in the house has more that 2 pairs of shoes but they are good shoes. Nice looking, supportive, rugged shoes that seem to cost a small fortune. I feel that shoes are one place where I need to spend a little more money because it is so important for the us all to have a good foundation. Because of this, it always seems in the fall and spring we have to spend a small fortune to outfit them in new sneakers and school/church shoes. BUT, I did get a good deal because Saxon gives people over 60 a 10% discount AND if it is your birthday month you get 10 % so I dragged my dad along to get 20% OFF EACH PAIR of shoes ( because he is turning 60 this month so we could take advantage of both discounts...). We saved in excess of $60. YEAH FOR ME!!!!! Now, I wonder if they can hold out until June when my mom turns 60!!! Keep your fingers crossed their feet don't grow too fast...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so refreshing to read your blog! i can feel for you in this shoe thing. greetings from austria! Honey

Sabrina said...

I know that feeling! lol I hope they hold out till June!