Monday, August 27, 2007

Coming to a close..

Well ladies and gentlemen..it is coming to a close...summer break that is.. the times of sleeping in, staying in pjs for the morning, late breakfasts and picnic lunches, late night snuggles and long chapter books being read, movie afternoons and popcorn snacks, flip flops and barefeet....
time for schedules... lunchboxes and backpacks, early bedtime and homework, early rising and quick healthy breakfast, bus stops, school shoes and socks..
I am having mixed feelings about the impending end to my summer. On one side, I am sad. It has been really nice to have a low key summer.. not having to rush around and be anywhere with anybody in particular at an expected time. I got to hang with my kiddos and get to know them a little bit better.
On the other side, I am very excited to have a schedule and rountine. I thrive on those things...Being able to make it to the gym on a regular basis and having some breaks from the kids. Running errands and only having to buckle one car seat and get one child out...
The kids are ready as well. They seem to be done with the family bonding we have been doing most of the summer...and are very ready for some time apart from one another. Cooper is ready to meet her new teacher and classmates and start her ballett class. Bear is ready to be a big shot first grader and Logan can not WAIT to ride the bus and be in real school all day. In 8 days, it all beigns so I will keep you posted as to which side of the fence I fall towards after the rat race begins.

No comments: